Written by two postpartum experts, This Isn't What I Expected is a definitive guide offering compassionate support and solid advice on dealing with every aspect of Postpartum Depression (PPD).
After reading this book, your loved one will learn to:
• Identify the symptoms of PPD and distinguish it from "baby blues"
• Deal with panic attacks, obsessive-compulsive urges, and stress overload
• Break the cycle of shame and negative thoughts
• Mobilize support from your husband or partner, family, and friends
• Seek and evaluate treatment options
• Cope with the disappointment and loss of self-esteem
Why We Love This Gift: If you or someone you love is among the one in seven women stricken by PPD, you know how hard it is to get real help. This proven self-help program, which can be used alone or with a support group or therapist, will help you monitor each phase of illness, recognize when you need professional help, cope with daily life, and recover with new strength and confidence.
What To Express In Your Card: This book may help with some of the things you have been struggling with lately. I have so much love for you. I would be grateful to be a shoulder you can cry on.