Parenting is a full time job that requires long lasting energy. Here are ten of my favorite packaged energy bars for quick and healthy fuel to help you get through the day.
- Evo Hemp Mango Macadamia Energy Bars. These tropical bars offer up plant-based protein and healthy fats from hemp seeds for optimal balance. They also contain yerba mate, a South American plant that is thought to support focus and a healthy cardiovascular system.
- That’s It Apple and Cherries. The name says it all with these bars, which contain only two ingredients: apples and cherries. These simple treats are packed with healthy carbohydrates for a quick boost in energy.
- Health Warrior Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Bars. These bars taste like dessert but are also super nutritious. They’re made primarily with chia seeds, which are one of the richest plant-based sources of essential omega-3 fatty acids.
- Lara Bar Coconut Cream Pie. I almost always keep LaraBars on hand for their delicious flavor and balanced energy. I love that these bars are sweetened only with dates and are made with just a few simple whole food ingredients.
- GoMacro Organic Protein Replenishment Bar. These vegan energy bars pack in 12 grams of protein from a variety of sources, including peanuts, brown rice, and peas. With balanced energy from all of the macronutrients, these bars are great option for a post-workout snack.
- Love Force Rawganic Energy Bar – Goji Lemon. With nuts, goji berries, and pure organic lemon oil, these delicious energy bars are filled with beneficial phytonutrients and antioxidants that protect our cells from free radical damage that can otherwise lead to accelerated aging.
- Raw Revolution Spirulina Dream. I love that these bars include organic spirulina, or blue-green algae. Besides containing plant-based protein and essential fatty acids, spirulina has also demonstrated antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties and may help prevent muscle damage after exercise.
- Kind Blueberry & Pecan Fiber Bar. These crunchy energy bars combine a delicious fruity flavor with fiber from nuts and chicory root to maintain optimal digestion and help you feel satisfied until your next meal.
- Organic Prairie Organic Grassfed Mighty Bar, Cranberry & Sunflower Seed. This protein-rich energy bar is made with organic grass-fed beef, which tends to be leaner and higher in omega-3 fatty acids than grain-fed sources. Cranberries and sunflower seeds add the perfect complementary flavors.
- Exo Blueberry Vanilla Protein Bar. These energy bars contain a unique source of protein – crickets! The makers of this bar note that cricket flour is increasing in popularity due to its high percentage of protein and relatively low carbon footprint. Crickets also contain important micronutrients like iron and vitamin B12.
Give InKind does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. We have an affiliate relationship with many of the advertisers on our site, and may receive a commission from any products purchased from links in this article. See Terms & Conditions.